"… After an exhaustive amount of time, we’ve finished reviewing the Olympus OMD EM5, Sony NEX 7 and Fujifilm X Pro 1. Each camera has their own strengths and weaknesses and represents the pinnacle of what each company has tried to achieve so far in the mirrorless camera market. With all of them being targeted at the high end enthusiast/semi-professional, they all bring a unique set of features to the table that makes them all appealing to various types of shooters. But in the end, only one can actually be called the current king of the crop. …"
"…This post is a result of the findings of various exhaustive tests, the least amount of pixel-peeping possible, and based on how someone may actually use the cameras. …"
In truth, any one of these cameras will get you the image results that you want and need. But the major push to get one over the other are the extra features like:
- Fujifilm’s optical viewfinder
- Olympus and Sony’s excellent electronic viewfinders
- Sony’s peaking mode for third party lenses
- Olympus’s weathersealing and ultra fast auto focus
- Sony’s top notch ergonomics
- Olympus’s universal support
- Fujifilm’s bar none image quality
- And…the price. …"